Wednesday, March 23, 2011

30 Days

Vegetarian for 30 Days. This is the new experiment going on at our house. I thought it would be interesting to see if we noticed any changes after avoiding meat for one month straight, and we could experiment with different recipes, too.When I proposed this to my husband, I told him that I would like to try it, I didn't expect him to. He said he was all for it. Cool.

I have been reading about how minimizing meat consumption can increase energy, and of course save money, so what do we have to lose?!

Dinner for Day 1was Moroccan Stew.
Ingredients:
  • Potatoes
  • Butternut Squash
  • Bell Pepper
  • Onion
  • Carrots
  • Tomatoes 
  • 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
You will also need:
  • Saffron
  • Fennel
  • Cloves
  • Parsley
  • Allspice
  • Garlic
  • Paprika
  • Cinnamon
  • Peppercorn
  • Coriander
  • Ginger
  • Cumin

In a large stock pot or dutch oven, heat a little olive oil and simmer the onions with a 1/4 tsp each of garlic, paprika, cinnamon, and saffron.



Mix together equal parts (about 1/4 tsp) cumin, fennel, peppercorn, allspice, clove, coriander and ginger; mix into vegetable broth. Coat vegetables evenly with broth and spice mixture. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 20- 25 minutes. Garnish with Parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment