|Sausage Rotini with lentils|
- Rotini Pasta
- Your choice of Sausage
- Dried Lentils
- Black Pepper
- Chopped Mint
- Basil Pesto
What to do:
- Boil 2 pots of water: one for lentils and one for pasta.
- Add the lentils and reduce heat to simmer. While you're waiting you can chop up some fresh onion.
- About 10 minutes later, add pasta to the other pot of boiling water.
- Slice up the sausage and cook in a skillet with the onions and garlic for a few minutes each side. There is no need for oil here because the sausage has so much.
- As soon as the pasta is done (or 20 minutes after you've added the lentils), you're set to serve.
- Sprinkle with Black pepper, basil, and mint. If you'd like, a tablespoon each of pesto and capers make a tasty addition.
|Rotini sans sausage|
I know pesto was used in the artichokes but we have a jar in the fridge so it might be in everything for a while. I can't think of anyone who would complain about that, though...
|Rotini with sausage, lentils, capers, and... taco meat.|