Sunday, June 12, 2011

Slow cooker black bean chicken

So I've fallen behind again but I just figured out an easier way to post from my phone so hopefully I'll be less lazy about it. I take pictures of almost everything I make, planning to write about it later but then I get too lazy to upload the photos or write about it and a few days go by and I forget what I even made!

This is my first attempt at a mobile post so forgive the 2 megapixel pictures.


For whatever reason we've been craving mexican food so today I'm doing a really easy slow cooker recipe.

You will need:
•1 cup black beans
•1 cup brown or wild rice
•1 lb chicken breast
•1 cup salsa
•seasonings of choice (taco seasoning, garlic, etc.)
Optional: cheese, avocados, eggplant


What to do:
1. Place the chicken, rice, and beans in the crock pot or dutch oven. Add enough water for the beans and rice as described on their labels.
2. Pour the salsa and seasonings of choice on top of the chicken.
3. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
4. When serving, dish out hot contents and top with additional salsa, avocado slices, or cheese.
5. For an all-veggie option, use eggplant instead of chicken. The beans are a good source of protein.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment